The Culinary Union Local 226 reached a tentative deal toward a new five-year contract with Caesars Entertainment on Tuesday.
The agreement covers approximately 10,000 workers and would prevent walkouts at nine Las Vegas properties.
The union and the hospitality company reached a deal after 20 straight hours of negotiations, according to a Culinary Union post on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.
In a video shared in the post, workers can be seen clapping and cheering.
The Culinary and Bartenders Unions, which are affiliated with national hospitality union Unite Here, set a strike deadline for Nov. 10.
Negotiations between employers and unions are still underway elsewhere in Las Vegas, including at MGM Resorts and Wynn Resorts. If agreements aren’t reached, workers will walk off the job this weekend at MGM and Wynn properties, which include Bellagio, Luxor, Mandalay Bay, MGM Grand and Wynn Las Vegas.
Details of the contract with Caesars were not disclosed. The union previously said that it was seeking wages that better keep up with the rising cost of living.
In its third-quarter earnings call last week, Caesars CEO Tom Reeg alluded to the forthcoming deal, saying: “We are in active dialogue with the union.”
“When we reach an agreement, the contract is going to be the largest increase that our employees have seen in the four decades since we started interacting with the Culinary Union,” Reeg said on the call.