Shift Change: Yum Brands names new COO; Bojangles' hires former McDonald's execs
Yum Brands: Chief financial officer David Gibbs, who has been with the company for nearly three decades, was promoted to president and chief operating officer overseeing the global KFC division and U.S. and international businesses for Pizza Hut and Taco Bell. He will retain his current CFO role, title and responsibilities over supply chain, corporate strategy and information technology while the chain searches for a successor.
Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'N Biscuits: Jose Armario was named CEO coinciding with the finalization of the company's acquisition by a private equity firm. Brian Unger also became the company's chief operating officer. Both Armario and Unger previously served in executive positions at McDonald's.
National Restaurant Association: The organization named its 2019 officers, who will serve a one-year term:
- Joe Essa, Wolfgang Puck Worldwide CEO and president, will serve as NRA chair
- Melvin Rodrigue, Galatoire’s Restaurants president and CEO, will serve as NRA vice chair
- Brian E. Casey, president of Oak Hill Tavern and the Company Picnic Co. is now NRA treasurer
- The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation named Geoff Hill, Roark Capital Group's managing director, as chair
- Stan Harris, Louisiana Restaurant Association CEO, is now vice chair of the Educational Foundation
- Susan Adzick, McLane Foodservice Inc. senior vice president of sales and strategic relationships, is now treasurer of the Educational Foundation
Follow Julie Littman on Twitter